I’m happy to announce the Pearson Poznań blog will start featuring a new category of posts focused on data science.
Contributors will be members of the Advanced Computing & Data Science Lab, a Pearson team that applies data science and computing science to support and advance learning science, develop educational products, and optimise business processes.
The Lab has two sub-teams in Poznań: the Product Analytics team that helps product teams understand how their products are being used, and the Exploratory Data Science Team that prototypes solutions to business problems that can be solved with data.
What you can expect
We’re starting this blog because we like to learn and experiment with new things. Writing an article about a thing we’ve learned will be a good lesson in itself.
In our first posts, will focus on:
– common data visualisation pitfalls;
– effective on-site/remote collaboration;
– AWS data pipeline tips;
– implementing scrum in a data science project;
– (for students) things they didn’t teach you at school that will be must-haves in your first data science job;
– reviews of books that will make you better at data science.
Some of the articles will be success stories, while others will be cautionary tales or lessons that we learned the hard way, so that you don’t have to.