Paid internship in AI Products & Solutions
Join the AI Products & Solutions team at Pearson (Poznań Office) and gain your first experience in the most sought after IT roles:
- Data Analyst
- Data Engineer
- Data Scientist
- Machine Learning Engineer
You’ll have an opportunity to become a part of the team that is eager to learn and also to share its knowledge with others. In 2018 we gave 12 talks at conferences and other events in the area of education and artificial intelligence worldwide. Recently, we’ve also started our own meetup Pearson Poznan AI & Tech dedicated to sharing our experience with Poznań community. We also support other community-driven events, for example, we help to organize meetups like Women in Machine Learning & Data Science or Poznański Akademicki Zlot Użytkowników R (PAZUR).
- work on creating educational products and services that change the lives of millions of people around the world
- newest methods and tools from areas:
- cloud big data processing: AWS, Databricks, Spark
- machine learning: Scikit-learn, XGBoost, Keras, TensorFlow, PyTorch
- analytics and BI: Google Analytics 360, GA BigQuery, Tableau
- work in an international environment and cooperation with people who have many years of industry experience (including dedicated mentoring)
- support in presenting the results of your work at conferences, including not only the results achieved when working with us but also your own project not related to Pearson
- access to educational platforms, e.g. O’Reilly Safari and Lynda
- contract of mandate with an hourly rate of 20-40 zł gross
- we will offer a long-term contract extension to people who will prove themselves during initial 4 months of cooperation (including the possibility to work remotely); we’re also able to offer permanent employment contract (UoP) after graduation
- the unwavering need for learning and openness to challenges
- knowledge of Python and SQL
- creative problem-solving skills
- advanced communication skills, including very good command of English in speech and writing
- good work organization
- student status and availability min. 25 hours a week
Nice-to-have skills in each area:
- Data Engineering: knowledge of internal mechanics of relational database management systems
- Data Analysis: experience in defining Google Analytics events (incl. parameters) and configuring analytical tools, knowledge of BI tools (esp. Tableau)
- Data Science: research skill, knowledge on statistical data modelling, knowledge of machine learning theory and tools
- Machine Learning Engineering: DevOps skill, knowledge of machine learning theory and tools, knowledge of low-level programming languages, e.g. C++
Contact us even if your background is in other areas than exact sciences, but you are interested in working with data and algorithms in education. Your motivation and perseverance in learning and facing challenges are equally important as your technical skills.
If you would like to learn something more about our internship program, please come to our information meeting (PL) on April, 15th.
Please send your CV and information working in which areas you are interested in to our email address: firstname.lastname@example.org, with „AIPS Internship” as the subject.
We are waiting for your application until 30 April 2019. We reserve the right to contact only selected candidates.
The résumé must include the following consent to the processing of your personal data.
I hereby give consent for my personal data to be processed for the purposes of recruitment in accordance with the Regulation of the European Parliament and the Council (EU) 2016/679 from 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing and the free movement of personal data and the repeal of Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation). I hereby declare that I was informed about the personal data processing terms.