Senior DevOps Engineer – AI Product & Solutions Team
At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
We are looking for a passionate Senior DevOps Engineer, to be embedded in the AI Product & Solutions Team, that will contribute to the creation of innovative A.I. experiences in education. Our mission is to deliver the development of AI-first, outcome-driven products to improve learning. The position provides the opportunity to engage in delivering cutting-edge solutions within a cross-functional team. Above all, your work will contribute to developing products that have an impact on millions of learners around the globe.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will:
- Analyze & Design – design solutions that effectively model the customer’s requirements, taking into account performance, maintainability/complexity, market trends and innovation, controlling costs, system robustness and scalability, and long term quality initiatives; follow established design patterns and recommend new design patterns
- Implement – implement designs following Pearson coding standards and industry best practices
- Review – participates in and reviewing requirements, design, code, and test case (both manual and automated) reviews
- Test – work closely with other teams (e.g., QA, configuration management, end users) to release high-quality software; create testable code and implement automated unit, integration, and functional tests as part of all development activities
- Document – complete project documentation as required, including logging status, risk, progress, and effort on assigned work
Required Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent, with strong fundamentals and problem-solving skills
- Experience in the delivery of artificial intelligence experiences within software or mobile platform
- 5 years experience with AWS or Google Cloud platform components such as Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL, Cloud CDN, Cloud Pub/Sub, Stackdriver
- 5 years experience using industry standard DevOps tools (CI/CD, Jenkins, GoCD, Git, scripting, Gradle, Maven, Docker/containers, Kubernetes, etc…)
- Familiarity with API development, HTTP, async processing, parallel processing, distributed computing
- 5 years experience with programming languages (GOLang, Java, Python/SymPy)
- 5 years experience with Analytics, monitoring, metrics (SDKs from Firebase and Google is a plus)
- 5 years experience creating APIs, Web Services (RESTful)
- Familiar with Appium, SauceLab testing platforms
- Experience building and maintaining scalable solutions in a distributed environment
- Solid understanding of the Platform / Infrastructure as a Service (PaaS / Iaas) model in the online environment, and how to utilize and optimize these services to manage costs and scalability
- Agile methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP, etc.)
- Experience in defining and completing non-functional requirements such as Accessibility, Security, I18N, Performance, and/or Scalability
- Demonstrated passion for infrastructure as code, automation, continuous improvement, and a “can do” attitude
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Self-starter, able to work solo and part of a cross-functional team
- Work from our office in Poznan, Poland office interfacing with partners globally
- Ability to work with 3rd party vendors, manage interactions and project needs
What is waiting for you?
- Unlimited access to rich source of knowledge (like lynda.com, SafariBooks online, our office library)
- Participation in Polish and international conferences as well as in specialist trainings
- Access to My Benefit Platform (including MultiSport Card, cinema and theatre tickets, turistic excoursions etc.)
- Private health care, accident insurance for you and your family
- Opportunity to master your English skills at daily work
- Flexible working hours
- Paid leave for volunteer purpose
- Pearson Worldwide Save for Shares
- Work in global environment in a spacious, modern office
- Fruits, muesli and other snacks available in our kitchens
- Chillout room with X-box and foosball
About us 🙂
At the Pearson Poznań office, you’ll be joining a team that’s eager to learn and help others learn too. Just in 2018, we gave 12 talks at various educational and AI conferences and meetups worldwide. We’re also supporting the local AI community by helping to organise meetups such as Women in Machine Learning & Data Science and the Poznan R Users Group PAZUR.
How to apply?
Please send your CV via the link. We will contact the selected candidates only.