Product Owner [Mobile Solutions]
Educating 100 million people worldwide and with offices in over 30 countries, Pearson is the global leader in educational publishing and qualifications, providing high-quality qualifications and print and digital resource programs to help students of all ages learn at their own pace, in their own way.
If you want to shape the future of global education with us, join our team! We are located in Poznań in the Center of Advanced Technologies – Nobel Tower.
We are currently looking for a Product Owner [Mobile Solutions].
Reporting to the Product Manager, the Product Owner owns and manages the development of assigned products in the Pearson Global Product Core & Growth portfolio (Mobile Solutions).
The focus of this role is on ensuring that the prioritized deliverables are defined, created and delivered on time to meet customer needs, ensuring that a pragmatic approach is taken to achieve the delivery of the Product Roadmap.
- Managing the backlog – with input from key stakeholders, the Product Owner has the primary responsibility to prioritise, build, prune, and maintain the backlog, including: user stories, defects, refactoring, optimizing and management of the technical debt, input into the assessment of pre-backlog initiatives
- Driving the iterations
- Co-planning the release, the Product Owner is accountable for frequent, reliable, and continuous release of value-added product to the customer
- Scope and acceptance criteria definition and management of the sprint deliverables – responsible for ensuring that the delivery team has all the information required to successfully deliver the sprint backlog
- The overall quality of the Product.
- Prioritizing product backlog to ensure delivery on quality, time and budget while satisfying the needs of a variety of stakeholders
- Working within an international, cross-team matrix structure and (as appropriate), across different Pearson operating companies, to ensure good communication and effective decision-making
- Understanding of the educational digital market place, competing digital products, and how to build competitive digital products and services for the English & Schools market
- Ability to articulate clearly and effectively technical and functional issues to a range of colleagues and third parties with a wide range of technical understanding
- Collaboration and teamwork. Ability to work effectively and flexibly with a variety of internal project team members and other stakeholders
- Influencing: challenge assumptions. Effective in managing change and ambiguity.
- Excellent English skills (both written and spoken)
- Experience working with enterprise systems and platforms for online learning and assessment
- Publishing experience
- Education Domain Knowledge
- Experience working in dynamic Agile environments
- Excellent technical understanding of online technologies and learning management systems
- Excellent understanding of mobile technologies and solutions, and the development life cycle to produce and deliver high quality apps on mobile devices
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture
- Fluent in Programme, Portfolio and Project Management methodologies
- Fluent in Agile methods, preferably SCRUM or Scaled Agile Framework
- Stakeholder management
- Outstanding communications skills at all levels of the organization.
What is waiting for you?
- unlimited access to rich source of knowledge (like lynda.com, our office library)
- participation in conferences as well as in specialist trainings
- access to My Benefit Platform (including MultiSport Card, cinema and theatre tickets, touristic excursions etc.)
- private health care, accident insurance for you and your family
- opportunity to master your English skills at daily work
- flexible working hours
- paid leave for volunteer purpose
- Pearson Worldwide Save for Shares
- work in global environment in a spacious, modern office
- fruits, muesli and other snacks available in our kitchens
- chillout room with X-box and foosball
How to apply?
- Please send your CV via the link. We will contact the selected candidates only.
- For more information about Pearson IOKI, visit LinkedIn and Facebook.